A Bronchoscope delivered Implant System
The Free Flow Medical FreeFlow® Coil #2 System is a bronchoscope delivered Implant System designed to treat patients suffering from severe Emphysema to improve lung function, exercise capacity and quality of life.
The FreeFlow® Coil technology is intended to provide a reliable system and method to cause minimally invasive lung volume reduction in Emphysema patients who need their breathing capability to be improved. Coils are placed in the most severely damaged tissue to induce targeted mechanical lung volume reductions to restore tension in lung tissue and decompress viable portions of the lung.
The System consists of sterile Implants that are pre-loaded in a Delivery Accessory and a separate sterile, disposable Catheter and Guidewire Delivery System.
The Coil technology has been studied and sold in Europe since 2012. The FreeFlow® Coil #2 is the original Coil with improved delivery technology. We streamlined the system to reduce procedure time and enhance implant effectiveness.
FreeFlow® Coil #2 System
- The Coils are non-blocking devices which are delivered into the sub-segmental airways, using bronchoscopy.
- The endobronchial Coils are effective in patients with and without interlobar collateral ventilation.
- The Coils are made from shape memory nitinol wire.
- Coil therapy involves 2 treatments (one treatment in each lung) with 4 to 8 weeks between treatments. 10 to 14 Coils are placed during each lung treatment under fluoroscopic guidance.
- The Coil is packaged already attached to a Delivery Accessory which is used to advance and deploy the Coil.
- The Delivery Accessory can be used to reposition or even recapture the Coil before it has been released.
- Providing the implant already pre-loaded reduces procedural time.
- Coil #2 is designed to fit in all airway configurations; no measurement or product selection is required during the procedure.
- A braided reinforced Catheter guides the Coil to the deployment target location and protects the bronchoscope working channel throughout the procedure.
- A custom Guidewire, designed specifically for airways, provides flexibility to easily track through the airway tree and help place the Catheter in position.